Vuoi acquistare i prodotti recensiti su strumenti musicali info?
A DJ can have the best turntables, audio players, recorders and any professional gear but without a mixer he won’t be able to prove his skills. In this article we want to examine the best mixers for professional DJs considering that the choice also depends on your personal preferences.
What is a DJ mixer for?
The mixer is the backbone of a DJ setup. It takes the audio signals from the decks (turntables) and merges them allowing you to make smooth transitions between songs. DJ mixers may also have additional functions such as built-in effects. Many DJ mixers may have different functionalities, some have additional knobs that allow you to control the effects, others have more inputs and outputs or midi connectivity, there is no shortage of golden models of integrated hardisks. The mixers you will find in the list are both cheap and low cost (in this case with good value for money, as well as higher-end professional mixers). Nowadays dj controllers coupled with dj software or even dj apps are taking the place of traditional mixers, here is the list of best controllers for dj . Even if for some users this configuration means keeping up with the times, many DJs prefer to have a translation setup or even better a hybrid technology that allows you to use analog and digital devices together.
How to choose the best professional DJ mixer
We could say which is our favorite DJ mixer but we must also consider many aspects that could determine your choices, here are some examples:
- Budget: Even if the more you spend the more you go up in quality, consider that spending more doesn’t just mean getting the best DJ mixer, the more you pay and the more features you get.
- The type of dj mixer: – Do you only need a mixer or a combination with a DJ controller? This latest hybrid technology allows connection to a computer via USB connectivity and offers MIDI and control functionality, but all the extra functions will be needed by you. Among the extra functions besides the typical crossfader you could have volume control, headphone inputs and the like.
- The number channels: The standard is two channels, more channels are rarely needed but there are mixers that offer 16 channels which is a lot.
The best professional DJ mixers
Below you will find the best dj mixers to buy.
Dj mixer Native instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 – See price or buy
The Traktor Kontrol Z2 provides two independent mixer channels for controlling the Traktor Scratch Pro, two remix decks, plus an integrated sound card with audio timecode. The unit is offered with the full version of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6 and allows you to connect turntables and CDJs while two additional channels offer control over Traktor Decks Remix, cue points and effects. Through the USB port you can connect additional controllers without obstructing the computer’s USB ports. The Z2 also features new Macro FX, allowing you to mix and match effects, while the Flux mode promises enhanced timing during scratching and beat sessions. The Traktor Kontrol Z2 is well built with a sturdy aluminum frame. The new creative features within the Traktor Pro software expand your creative possibilities, while the superior quality of its faders ensures solid reliability.
Allen & Heath Xone DJ mixer: DB4 – See price or buy
The Allen & Heath Xone: DB4 is a professional DJ mixer and has a redesigned EQ section in addition to a DSP core effects engine which is the heart of the machine. It is powerful and guarantees amazing effects. The DB4 runs at 24-bit / 96kHz and has some features fully patchable multi-channel, works as one USB 2.0 sound card and is compatible with MIDI devices. Her function as sound card allows connection to the computer to be able to use DAW software such as Ableton Live or Traktor. With Traktor all four decks are routed to all four mixer channels. With Ableton it’s possible assign the audio path to one of the four mixer channels. Plus the crossfader though is robust and high quality and equipped with a shield. The Xone: DB4 offers several functionality in addition to its level of multi-level architecture, this mixer is worth considering for its value. If you have to spend almost 2000 € this is a great mixer for DJs.
DJ mixer Pionner DJM-900 Nexus – See price or buy
The DJM-900 Nexus features a variety of advanced sound effects that allow DJs to have more creative expressions by mixing their music. Three new Sound FX colors, two Beat effects and an X-Pad control have been added to the mixer to improve user performance.
• Sound Color FX – The DJM-900 Nexus includes Dub Echo and Gate / Comp as well as Filter, Crush and Noise for its Color Sound FX. At any time with a simple twist of the knobs, DJs can quickly add their choice of audio effects by bringing numerous combinations and modes for the music being played.
• Beat Effect – A total of 13 effects can be added by the user at any time for beat effects via a selectable knob located on the right side of the mixer.
• X-Pad – A touch screen control bar that allows quick access. With a touch and / or slide of the X-Pad control, the user can change the parameters of each effect for a further creativity in performance.
Part of the design of the DJM-900 Nexus is that it combines functionality with one great sound quality. The mixer uses high quality components which ensure the best possible audio output when connected to other components.
• Built-in 24bit / 96kHz High Performance USB Sound Card – Pioneer has developed an integrated USB sound card capable of simultaneously handling audio signals input and output from up to four (4) stereo sources through a single USB port. The sound card supports high resolution 24-bit / 96kHz signal processing and can accept the inputs and outputs of all audio signals without degradation of sound quality.
• Sound Quality Design-The DJM-900 Nexus is equipped with the same audio input and output circuits as the Pioneer DJM-2000 aiming to achieve the most accurate reproduction from connected sources. The 32-bit digital-to-analog converter supports all mixer outputs, including master outputs, stand outputs as well as headphones. In addition, the integrated high-performance 32-bit processor suppresses any noise from analog and digital circuits by means of high-quality balanced amplifiers with balanced output circuits.
The DJM-900nexus can be connected directly to a laptop or Mac, increasing its practicality and functionality.
• PRO DJ LINK – Via (LAN) Ethernet cable, the mixer can be quickly connected to the latest compatible Pioneer PRO DJs such as the CDJ-2000 and the CDJ-900.
• TRAKTOR – Using a USB connection with a PC or Mac, the four players inside TRAKTOR can be connected simultaneously with the mixer, allowing for greater flexibility with the software. In addition, the mixer is also SCRATCH4 TRAKTOR.
• Time Code Output – via the USB port, the mixer is able to output sounds parking disc code signals for DVS (Digital Vinyl System) software6 when used with a Pioneer CDJ player or analog turntable.
The DJM-900nexus is equipped with additional features
• High performance fader – The slide mechanism supports the fader knobs for both longevity and smooth operability. In addition, the design of the new mechanism minimizes the effects of moisture or dust on the mixer.
• Integrated Input Selector – Allows users to switch all channel inputs simultaneously.
• Indicators – The DJM-900nexus is equipped with a “USB connection indicator” to view the status of the sound card and communications to the PC or Mac as well as a “USB audio input indicator” to view audio inputs from a PC or MAC .
• The First Signal MIDI Output8 – The features of the DJM-900nexus provide a digital musical instrument (MIDI) where the signal in output it changes at intervals, beat by beat. The mixer also includes a “MIDI with LFO function” for controlling external devices such as effecters.
• Assignable MIDI functionality – Most knobs and buttons can be assigned to control other devices. The mixer can also be used as a MIDI controller.
• 3-Band EQ / Isolator Switching – Each mixer channel features a switchable 3-Band EQ (+6 dB to -26dB) and 3-Band Isolator (+6 dB to -? DB).
• P-LOCK Fader Cap – Keeps the channel fader and crossfader knobs locked preventing them from sliding during use.
• Auto Standby – Automatically detects the presence of active operations and input signals and switches to standby mode when no inputs are detected for a long period of time.
LIST OF DETAILED FEATURES
Channel 4, CD / Input Line 6, 2 Phono Inputs, 4 Digital Inputs (COAXIAL), 2 Mic Inputs (XLR / mobile phone, telephone), Pro DJ LINK (LAN) 1 (LAN), Touch Panel, 13 types of Beat Effects, 6 kinds of sound effects, Inst Effect, USB Audio Interface (USB TypeB) 4IN / 4OUT, USB Recording (USB TypeA), MIDI IN / USB Interface, Traktor Scratch Certified, 2-band Mic EQ, Mic EQ Range -12 / +12 dB, Talk Over, Advanced Talk Over, Mic Effect, Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz, SN Ratio: Line 107 dB, SN Ratio: Phono 88 dB, SN Ratio: Mic 84 dB, Distortion 0.004% (JEITA), 96 kHz sampling rate, 24-bit converter, 32-bit digital sound processing, 42W power consumption, automatic stand-by function, Dimensions (L x W x H cm) 13.0 x 16.1x 4.2, Weight 15.7 lbs.
Behringer DJX750 dj mixer – See price or buy
The DJX750 DJ mixer is the classic DJ mixer. First of all, Behringer is a professional quality label so you can expect only the highest quality from his DJX750. Most of this is the sound quality, which comes from the low-noise preamp that makes the transparent sound. What comes out is just what goes in the DJX750. The DJX750 really shines by delivering 24-bit digital audio effects, all controllable through advanced parameters. And once you learn how and when to use it, the XPQ stereo is an impressive surround effect that will kick off in any art. With the Rotating Surround, it is possible to widen the stereo field, giving immense depth to the sound, making it nothing short of spectacular. Here are some other features of the DJX750 DJ mixer just as important as the ones above:
• 5 channels all equipped with ULN preamps
• an attractive design, inspired by the previous and popular DJX700 mixer
• 3-band EQ
• Automatist (automatically recognizes your voice and lowers the volume of the sound so it can be heard)
• and last but not least, the DJX750 is made in Germany, with quality components that guarantee satisfaction for life to be a DJ
• and a monitoring function for complete mix control, with balance control and split function
Numark M6 USB dj mixer – See price or buy
This is a very solid and balanced DJ mixer, great for hybrid systems and compatible with a standard analog setting if no digital instruments are used. We recommend this model especially for those who want to save, it has four channels with gain, LED metering and three-band equalizer. USB connectivity is compatible with Mac and PC and also includes an XLR microphone channel with an additional input for a microphone in the fourth channel. It can be used with Serato and the crossfader is very smooth. The controls e the other knobs don’t seem plasticky, build quality is really good.
Dj mixer Behringer DDM4000 – See price or buy
The Behringer DDM4000 mixer is great considering that it costs just over 300 euros. It is often thought that behringer makes low-end products, in reality it is a company that confuses because it produces very cheap products and products with excellent value for money. The DDM4000 offers 32-bit quality, 4 multi-FX, 2 BPM counters, 2 XLR (mono) microphone inputs (gain, EQ, FX), 4 phono / line and 4 stereo channels, digital fader and MIDI functions that allow to control Serato DJ. This DJ mixer with its 5 channels having been on the market for about 10 years is highly supported by a large number of prolonged uses, so if you treat it with care it will last you many years. Rack brackets are also offered with the mixer.
4 stereo channels (gain, 3-band EQ, fader curve control)
4 section of effects
2 BPM counters
Loop function, real-time pitch control, FX
4 stereo phono / line channels (up to 8 signals simultaneously)
2 microphone inputs
Pioneer DJM-350 – See price or buy
This is one of the best affordable DJ mixers equipped with four types of effects distinguish it from the cheaper mixers present in this article. These include filtering for tonal quality of music by removing high or low frequencies just like the Xone: 22 mixer does, the effect crush (for sound accents), jet (sounds like the sound effect of an airplane) and gate (altering the rhythm for a natural sound). Via its USB port it is possible to record mixes directly into the PC – too bad that a XLR microphone input.
2 stereo channels (3-band EQ)
2 CD / line and phono inputs
Direct Recording to USB Devices (Type A)
2 RCA master / fader start control outputs
4 types of master FX
Carbon fader (2 curve adjustments)
Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
Allen & Heath Xone: 92 – See price or buy
This is one of the best DJ mixers that gives what you have need, it is one of the best mixers for mixing, for the rest you can use a midi controller. This DJ mixer is from to be praised especially for its filters, it boasts of the best high pass and low pass filter. There is a 4-band equalizer on board and it has 6 channels, two headphone outputs and one of the best crossfaders in addition to that of the Denon, it also has MIDI connectivity.
6 stereo channels (4 phono / line and 2 mono / mic or stereo return)
2 independent stereo outputs
2 aux send outputs for additional effects external
2 independent stereo filters (frequency and resonance)
MIDI values can be activated by six controls
VCA pro crossfader (replaceable)
2 headphone outputs
DJ mixer Rane SixtyTwo – See price or buy
One of the best DJ mixers on the planet, it has everything a DJ could want, especially if you are using serato dj. Rane mixers are well known in this industry for the high end of their products. The fader is one of the sharpest, being magnetic it boasts of a sturdy construction. The Serato DJ bundle with drivers is offered with the mixer ASIO and CoreAudio from Digidesign which they eliminate altogether latency. The entrance USB supports six stereo discs and four channels of stereo playback. The integrated sound card offers 20 channels and allows control for two DVS decks. There is also an SP6 sampler that allows you to get one independent reproduction. The two USB ports allow you to connect the mixer to two computers, no less important is compatibility with Mac or PC.
4 unbalanced stereo RCA jacks
Phono / Line level input
Easy to pair with Serato DJ software
Direct control of over 40 Serato / Scratch Live controls
2 USB ports
It can be shared by two DJs using different software
32-bit processing e 48 kHz
Mic / Line inputs (XLR / TRS socket)
Gain trim, 2-band EQ, Flex FX, on / over controls
Internal Effects Engine (filter, flanger, phase, echo, robot, reverb effects)
External analog insert
USB aux input
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ± 0.25dB
|Bassi, FX e Amp||Amp. e FX per chit.||Mixer|
|Batterie e Perc||Strumenti per DJ|
|Microfoni||Lighting||Tastiere e Pianoforti|